We are looking for a Back-End Software Developer. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co- workers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
Requirements to Join the Team:
- 3-5 years experience in software development.
- Ability to innovate in an environment where software reliability is non-negotiable.
- Be a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary
- Have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Possess a minimum of a University degree or its equivalence.
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processors, such as LESS and SASS
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes Data migration, transformation, and scripting.
- Setup and administration of backups
- Outputting data in different formats
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Ability to develop application programming interfaces (API’s) for frontend consumption.
- Developing software applications in accordance with the requirements and demands of the company and/or clients.
- Developing software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes, following the software development lifecycle.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas, following the software development lifecycle.
- Updating job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment.
Compensation is competitive yet, negotiable.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.